Re: rlinetd-0.4

    ADK> Not so frequently , but "echo" or "discard" I use to test
    ADK> network. Or for example IPv6 telnet ;).

  Okay, new snapshot up that does 'echo' and 'discard', as requested
:) Get it from http://www.eris.rcpt.to/rlinetd/snapshots/

  The documentation hasn't been revised, so here's a brief synopsis:

service "fish" {
  port 9;
  discard;
}

service "frog" {
  port 7;
  echo;
}

  Note the unfortunate keyword collision with 'echo' - 'echo;' is
wildly, wildly different to 'echo "fish";'. I'm entirely open to
suggestions on renaming or syntax changes.

  Caveats: using certain other directives with 'echo' and 'discard' is
likely to be quite unfortunate, since rlinetd doesn't fork to handle
them. 'user' springs to mind. I'm also not entirely sure how instances
will work with this. (Probably just won't... :) I'll look at these
issues later, having spent a frenetic evening coding infrastructure in
order to be able to say:

        | T_ECHO ';'
        {
          $$ = opmeta_make(16, OP_ZERO, OP_BUFINIT,
          1024, OP_RUNHOOK, OP_BUFREAD, OP_BZ, 8, OP_WUNHOOK,
          OP_BUFWRITE, OP_BZ, 2, OP_WHOOK, -6, OP_RHOOK, -12, OP_CLOSE);
        }

m.